Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fish Art 4

Sometimes revising is more difficult than creating the original.  Especially when you see that the comments on the first proof are correct.  That is what happend with this peice..  I wanted to get the flow and movement of fish swimming.. 

People don't normal see fish from the side swimming nature... We see fish swimming from the top looking down..   I have only seen the "wild" side view a couple of times my self.. Aquariums and fish-tanks help but most of the time it looks like the fish are just sitting there if viewed from the side.. 

From the top it is another story so now I am trying to get movement you see looking down on fish from the side out of wood a stiff unyielding stuff.  and make it look natural...  Who said this job isn't fun?

It took more tricks than I could think of in one go so I made several false starts at it but I got proof 2 to show to the client...

The background color is just there to illustrate the different levels of the mounting wood... The fish will be attached on top by something...

No comments:

Post a Comment